Taxes withheld from your pay
- Social Security
- Unemployment, depending on the state
- You are responsible for filing your W-2 at the end of the year.
- Your hiring family should issue you a W-2 at the end of the year and any income taxes that were not withheld will be owed.
- If the family is unable to provide a W-2 or you cannot get in touch with them for any reason, please follow the steps listed here by our tax partner HomeWork Solutions.
- You are still responsible for reporting your wages and filing an income tax return even if you did not receive a form W-2
**Your federal and state income taxes are NOT withheld from your pay**
Tip 💡: We recommend you save at least 10% of your earned wages to pay your taxes at the end of the year.
ℹ️ If you are still having trouble or have any other questions, please send us an email at email@example.com with a detailed description of your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.