Can I continue to work with my employer?
- Yes, as long as you and your employer agree to the transfer to CareLinx, both of you will continue to have uninterrupted care and payment on CareLinx.
Do I need to go through another registration flow and be hired by my employer again?
- There will be a simple acceptance flow for you to transition and create your account at CareLinx, then CareLinx and Kindly Care will set up the transfer so all you will be set up to work and be paid for your employers without any interruptions.
What are the benefits of CareLinx?
- Be your own boss.
- Marketplace model where you and the families can negotiate your pay.
- $5 million dollar liability insurance.
- All of your payment receipts in one place for tax purposes.
- Build book of clients and grow your own business.
What are some of the new features that CareLinx have?
Here are some more features you will enjoy with your CareLinx account:
- Continue to work with your current job & get more jobs from CareLinx.
- Flexible payment schedule + get paid within 2 days.
- Protected with $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Location-based clock-in & clock-out and easy timesheet submissions.
- Digital care plans to track daily tasks
- Secure real-time messaging.
- CareRide to order transportation ride on behalf of your employer.
- Gain new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Care Perks: Get affordable health, dental & vision insurance .
Do I need to redo my background check again?
- For caregivers who are already background checked at Kindly Care and working for employers, CareLinx will accept your background check report so there is no need to rerun them before you start on CareLinx. When needed by a new job or employer, CareLinx will pay and handle your background check.
Do I need to pay for my own background check?
- CareLinx caregivers pay $20 for a background check. If you are already background checked at Kindly Care and working for employers, CareLinx will accept your background check report so there is no need to rerun them before you start on CareLinx.
Pay & Taxes
How and how often will I get paid?
- We encourage caregivers to maintain the same pay frequency to minimize changes, but you can discuss any changes with your employer. At CareLinx, we let caregivers and families decide how frequent the pay period is, though typically caregivers submit their timesheets once a week. With CareLinx, you are likely to receive your pay faster, typically within a few business days after your employer pays.
How and where would I report the hours that I've worked?
- You will submit your timesheet through the CareLinx website or mobile app. At each shift, you can use the mobile app to clock-in and clock-out and complete the Care Plan tasks and add notes. When you are submitting your timesheet, we will generate your clocked shifts automatically for you to review and submit.
Is CareLinx going to manage my employment taxes?
- All families have the option to use the CareLinx tax management service to manage their employment taxes. A small number of families opt out of this feature to use their own tax services. In those cases, your family will be responsible for managing their employer taxes.